APA does not specifically state how to format your table of contents (TOC).
But here are some general guidelines:
- Use 1" margins on all sides
- Retain the same font (APA recommends 12pt. Times New Roman) used throughout your paper
- Add any special requirements your instructor requires
- Continue regular page numeration for TOC
- For each new "level" of heading, indent an additional (equal) indentation from where the last level was indented
You can use Microsoft's Format or Customize a Table of Contents to learn how to set this up in Microsoft Word.
See also DU's APA Library Guide for more info.